What is it?
The Local Response Fund (LRF) project is aimed at developing new and innovative approaches to training provision and reducing barriers to learning.
The programme responds to emerging skills issues and encourages the ongoing development and piloting of innovative solutions to address participation, achievement and progression with a particular focus on the following:
- Addressing the under representation of female and BAME led SMEs in the creative and digital media sector
- Addressing skills shortages and gaps in professional and technical skills (eg, camera/lighting technicians, specialist hair and make-up)
- Addressing gaps in information, advice and guidance provision by establishing a networking hub and coordinating and signposting SME employees and sole traders to existing business support programmes and initiatives
What services will be provided?
We understand the demographic and skills differentials in the creative industries sector and will use our extensive experience of responding to employment and skills. We will develop activities that will help BAME communities, women and freelancers to be able to enter and progress within the creative industries sector, by building their capacity and addressing some of the identified skills shortages, creating pathways for progression within the sector. We will also develop activities that will address specific skills shortages within the sector particularly targeted to new entrants.
We will do this by:
- Creating a network which brings together SMEs in the creative and digital sector, via our 01Zero-One Hub in the heart of Soho
- Providing Technical Seminars on new products, software or new concepts – to help SMEs to keep abreast of and respond to technological changes
- Providing training to meet specific skills gaps
- Providing networking opportunities including guest speakers to act as a source of knowledge and inspiration
- Providing access to industry experts via talks and master classes on sector specific topics
Who is it for?
The Local Response Fund is for creative SMEs and their employees operating in London.
For further information about the Local Response Fund, please contact Perry Paraskeva at email@example.com or call 0207 025 1972.